Thursday, October 06, 2005

Fortnight In London

Today marks two weeks since I set foot on British soil. To my surprise, the weather has been pretty decent the entire time I've been here, and I think the nice weather has helped me maintain good spirits, as well as lessen the anxiety of settling into a new place. Having said that, everything that you may have heard about London weather is true. It's terribly fickle and changes every 20 minutes, so I'm always either too hot or too cold.

I'm yet to do some proper sightseeing and am thinking about hopping on one of those double decker tour buses. Hah! I'm sure you can picture me clutching my granny handbag, ooh-ing and aah-ing at all the sights.

One thing that I've found a bit odd (and am a bit disappointed by) is that I haven't been hit with any real sense of awe. I don't feel like I'm in England. I'm constantly hearing tidbits of French, Italian, Japanese, etc. But maybe I'm feeling all this because I'm not really in England--London is *such* an international city that it just feels like I'm in just that. Obviously there are these great sights that make the city unique, so I guess I am just going to have to wait and see. Could this be culture shock in disguise? Surely, there must be *something* here that'll make my eyes bulge with wonder!

No comments: